Why use a solicitor when going to the Personal Injuries Assessment Board?

If you have suffered personal injuries in an accident, and believe somebody else was at fault, you must first lodge your claim with the Personal Injuries Assessment Board (PIAB) if you decide to seek compensation. PIAB was established as a means of assessing and awarding compensation outside the courts system. An initial intention was that injured parties could process their claims themselves, without recourse to ... [read more]

When to make a will

Many resources online and elsewhere tell how how to make a will, and explain the process involved. Few however tell you when to make a will – i.e. explain the major milestones in your life when it is best to create or update your instructions for how your estate should be distributed following your passing. At Valerie Cotter & Co. Solicitors here in Thomastown, Co. Kilkenny, we recommend making or updating ... [read more]